Thursday, January 17, 2013

Welcome to Blogging

While I am a fan of reading blogs and responding to other's post I have to admit I have not spent any time creating or posting on my own blog. I am really interested in learning how to use technology tools like blogging as tools for sharing and networking. I am currently the District Director of Career & Technology Education with Cleburne ISD and looking forward to learning to think, act and react with a superintendent's mindset.

Building the blog was pretty easy just following the google instructions, but being creative with the design and naming of the blog was not as easy for me. With my business background I don't have very many truely creative thoughts! I know that in the world of today's busy school administrator it is hard to find time to sit down and blog with other adminstrators but I can certainly see the value in sharing experiences, issues, and successes. When I spoke with my administrator in the interview he indicated that his first year or two in the superintendent role he spent a lot of time blogging and staying in touch through technology with other top administrators. Using the technology connection to be his compass through decisions and issues. He also admitted that the longer he is in the role he  feels that bloggin and that technology connection has become an area he has let slide as he has become more comfortable in the job and with his abilities to perform the job. He did say, though, that he did see it as a valuable tool and he felt he needed to commit to finding the time to do the online networking and communication again on a more regular basis.

As I get more comfortable with the blogging process I hope to be able to connect with other aspiring administrators with similar backgrounds and working in similiar circumstances who can share experiences and relevent information to help me be more creative in my leadership. I believe that the enormous task of school administration can become somewhat isolating in it's nature and the opportunity to participate and share in the blogging world can really be a breath of fresh air and a look into a similar world that can offer assurances and support to administrators in lots of ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment